Prairie Ridge Community Coalition Meeting | May 14
May 11, 2012 · Updated 7:38 PM
Prairie Ridge Community Coalition Meeting
When: Monday, May 14th, 2012
Time: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Where: Prairie Ridge Community Service Center
14104 Prairie Ridge Drive, Bonney Lake
Topic: Recent increase in drug and crime activity in Prairie Ridge. How we can work together to address the issues and the ramifications of medical marijuana in our community.
Bring: A brown bag lunch - light refreshments will be served.
Our Upcoming Events:
- Wed., May 30th - Safe Streets Dinner & Community Safety Meeting. Learn why getting to know your neighbor is so important, tips to keep yourself and your neighborhood safe, learn how to build a neighborhood block watch group, & come together as a community to take a stand against crime. Pierce County Sheriff's representatives will be present. Free dinner at 6pm, meeting 6:30 - 8pm. (See attached flier)
- Wed., June 6th - Free community dinner at 6:00pm followed by "Game On" Family Game Night from 6:30 to 7:30pm at the Prairie Ridge Rec. Hall. Bingo!!
Next Coalition Meeting: Monday, June 11th, 11:30 am (2nd Monday)
- Come and listen to special Guest Speaker: Pierce County Councilmember Dan Roach at the Monday, May 21st Families First Coalition Meeting at 4pm at the Buckley Multi-Purpose room (Senior Center on Main). He will be sharing with us the results of his recent community survey and discussing issues important to East Pierce County residents. There will also be a Q & A time open to the public, so please come prepared with your questions. The Coalition will also be presenting our annual Community Champion Awards.
- Teen Late Night is back at the Buckley Youth Activities Center every Friday evening from 6:30 - 9:30pm. Free for youth ages 12 – 18.
- The Care Van of the Enumclaw Regional Healthcare Foundation is available to take individuals to appointments for medical-related issues including non-emergency medical appointments, physical therapy, eye exams, chiropractic, and prescription pick-ups. Serves Buckley, Bonney Lake, Carbonado, Wilkeson, South Prairie & Enumclaw residents who have hardship for transportation. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Village Tutors provides free tutoring from 6:30 – 8:30pm for grades 6 – 12 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and for grades K – 8 on Wednesdays at the Buckley Youth Center.
- Free & Low-cost immunizations are available in several locations in East Pierce County. The mobile clinic is at Buckley WIC on 5/9 from 10-12, at Grocery Outlet BL on 5/9 from 1:30-3:30, at Sumner Family Center on 5/16 from 1:30 – 3, at Orting Senior Center on 5:16 from 10-12. Go towww.tpchd.org for more information.
Upcoming Events & Activitiies:
- Fri. 5/11 – Bingo Night at BLHS benefitting BLHS bands. 6pm w/ refreshments and prize baskets. Only $10.
- Sat. 5/12 – Free Bicycle Helmets for Kids at Henschell Chiropractic (by BL Albertsons) from 9am-1pm. Explore the Fire Safey House, see Glitterbug and Beep Beep, Face Painting, Balloon Animals, and more.
- Sat. 5/12 – Mother’s Day Origami at BL Library 3:30pm. Free – no registration required.
- Sat. 5/12 – Pasado’s Safe Haven Spay/Neuter Station at Safeway Bonney Lake. www.pasadosafehaven.org.
- Mon. 5/14 – 6/25 – Strengthening Families Parenting Workshop at Sumner United Methodist Church 5:30 – 8pm. 6 week series includes free dinner & childcare. Call 253-845-9177 to register.
- Wed. 5/16 – Computers for Beginners Bonney Lake Library at 2pm. Online registration required.
- Thurs. 5/17 – Feeling in the Pink – Women & men start off w/ free healthy breakfast and talk at Midtown Grill 7:30 – 9am. Find out about breast health, experts will answer questions. Wear pink for an extra treat. Sponsored by Diagnostic Imaging NW. RSVP 253-583-8613.
- Thurs. 5/17 – E-Mail for Beginners at Buckley Library 11am. Online registration required.
- Fri. 5/18 – Prime Rib Dinner & Live Auction for Student Ministries at Calvary Community Church, Sumner, 6pm. Tickets are $25 , childcare available with pre-registration.
- Mon. 5/21 – Special White River Families First Coalition Meeting featuring Pierce County Councilman Dan Roach at 4pm at Buckley Multi-Purpose Room. Community Champion Awards will also be presented.
- Thurs. 5/24 – Pasado’s Safe Haven Spay/Neuter Station at Rose’s IGA Sumner. www.pasadosafehaven.org
- Thurs. 5/24 – Word 2007 for Beginners at Buckley Library 11am. Online registration required.
- Wed. 5/30 – FREE DINNER AND SAFE STREETS EVENT IN PRAIRIE RIDGE AT 6PM. HOW TO START A BLOCKWATCH GROUP – PIERCE COUNTY SHERIFF WILL BE PRESENT TO ANSWER QUESTIONS.
- Thurs. 5/31 – Bird House Project at Buckley Youth Center at 4pm. Free.
- Sat. 6/2 – Preventing Fraud, Scams & ID Theft at Bonney Lake Library 2pm. Online registration required.
- Tues. 6/5 – Resume 101 at Bonney Lake Library 2pm. Online registration required.
- WED. 6/6 – FREE DINNER AND FAMILY GAME NIGHT at Prairie Ridge Rec Hall at 6pm. Game Night w/ adult bingo and children’s games begins at 6:30pm. FREE.
- Thurs. 6/7 – Computers for Beginners at Buckley Library 11am. Online registration required.
- Sat. 6/9 – “Blast Off” Build & Launch a Rocket with Pacific Science Center at Buckley Library 11am. Ages 10 and up. Requires online registration.
- Fri. 6/15 – Summer Kick Off at Buckley Youth Center – celebrate beginning of summer with pizza after school.
- Sat. 6/16 – Wild Waves trip with Buckley Youth Activities Center. Cost is $20 and includes entry & transportation. Sign up at 360-829-6534 by May 25th.
- Sat. 6/23 – Dream On! Celebrate the magic of reading with magician Jeff Evans at the Bonney Lake Library. 11am – Free. Seewww.piercecountylibrary.org for more information on all their programs.