Prairie Ridge Community Coalition Meeting | Sept. 10
September 8, 2012 · 8:25 PM
Prairie Ridge Community Coalition Meeting
Monday, September 10, 2012
11:30am - 1:00pm
At the Prairie Ridge Community Service Center
14104 Prairie Ridge Drive, Bonney Lake
Discussion Topics: Resource sharing & activity planning for the year
Bring: Your lunch - light refreshments will be served
Our Next Events:
- Free community dinner on Wed., October 6th at 6pm followed by Bingo and family game night from 6:45 - 8:00 pm at the Rec Hall
- The next Prairie Ridge Community Coalition meeting will be on the 2nd Monday of October, Oct. 11th, at 11:30 at the Prairie Ridge Community Service Center
- NEW: "The Study Hub" begins Tuesday, September 11th at 3pm at the United Methodist Church, 901 Wood Ave., Sumner. Will be held on Tues. & Thurs. 3pm - 6pm. Homework help will be provided for middle and high school students. Bi-lingual. Cal253-389-5671 for more information
- REGISTRATION OPEN: "Dolphin Club" is open for enrollment for students attending Dafoodil Valley Elementary. The after-school program is held Mon.-Thurs from 3:45 - 6:15pm w/ academic time and enrichment options. Also seeking volunteers. Contact Sara at 253-891-4600.
- SUPPORT GROUP: Relatives Raising Children support group meets 2nd Wed. of each month from 6:30 - 8:00pm at Good Sam Community Services. Free - childcare and activities provided. Call 253-845-9177.
Upcoming Activities in the Area:
- 9/15/12 - Career Prep for Single & Stay at Home Moms from 10:30am - 4:30pm at The Summit (Church) 920 Roosevelt Ave., Enumclaw. Limited space by invitation only. e-mail email@example.com or call 425-241-0265. Free resources, resumes, interview skills, free professional clothing, and mroe!
- 9/19/12 - "Baby Basics" class at Foothills Elementary from 6 - 8pm. Workshop about caring for newborns. Call 253-845-9177 or360-829-5883 - FREE.
- 9/24/12 - Story Time starts the week of September 24th at the Pierce County Libraries - programs for preschoolers, toddlres, babies, families and Spanish Story Time. Go to www.piercecountylibrary.org for more information.
- 9/24/12 - Parenting with Love 'n Logic every Monday through 10/22 from 5:30 - 8:00pm at Sunrise Elementary in Puyallup. Free dinner and children's activites are provided. Call 253-845-9177 to register.
- 10/2/12 - The Incredible Years parenting series held at Liberty Ridge Elem. 5:30 - 8:00pm through 11/20/12. For parents w/children birth to 3 years. Free childcare and dinner. Register: call Klara 253-845-9177 X112 or Leah at 360-829-5883.
- 10/3/12 - Strengthening Families parenting series for famlies with children ages 9 to 14 years at Sumner United Methodist Church begins every Wed. through 11/14 from 5:30 to 8:00pm. Call Family Support Center at 254-845-9177 to register. Free dinner and childcare.
- 10/6/12 - Free Community Dinner at 6pm at the Prairie Ridge Rec. Hall. Bingo and Family Game Time follow. Open to everyone.
- 10/7/12 - Parenting with Love & Logic every Thursday for 5 weeks from 6:30 - 8:00pm at the Sumner/Bonney Lake Family Center. Free childcare provided. Call 253-891-6535 to register.
- 10/13/12 - SAT Practice Test 10am - 2:30pm at Sumner Library. Registration required at www.piercecountylibrary.org/calendar.
- 10/13/12 - College Application Essay workshop 1 - 2:30pm at the Bonney Lake Library. More info atwww.piercecountylibrary.org/calendar.
- 10/20/12 - Kinship Family Seminar 9am - 12pm for Relatives Raising Children at Trinity Lutheran Church in Tacoma. Childcare and children's workshops also available. contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- 10/23/12 - SAT Test Strategies 101 6:30 - 7:30pm at Sumner Library. More info at www.piercecountylibrary.org/calendar.
- 11/10/12 - SAT/ACT 10 Question Challenge and 10 winning strategies 1 - 2:30pm at the Bonney Lake Library. More info atwww.piercecountylibrary.org/calendar.