- About Us
Santa Runs begin Sunday
Lights. Sirens. Santa!
East Pierce firefighters will accompany Santa during his annual visit to neighborhoods in the district. This year, East Pierce Firefighter-Emergency Medical Technician James Parke is organizing the much-anticipated event.
“This is such a fun event,” he said. “It really puts us all in the Christmas spirit.”
For safety, firefighters ask that everyone stay on the sidewalk and out of the road.
“Helpers will come to you,” Parke said. “Watch for our emergency vehicles. They will cruise a few blocks ahead of Santa’s sleigh to let you know Santa is here.”
Firefighters will also be collecting donations for local food banks as they accompany Santa during his annual visit.
Santa’s visit is sponsored by the International Association of Firefighters Local No. 3520 with assistance from the East Pierce Volunteer Firefighters’ Association. Maps of the exact routes can be found at www.eastpiercefire.org.
Look for the fire engines and Santa’s sleigh on these days:
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday: Lakeridge Drive East, Tapps Island, Jenks Park, Tacoma Point, Skyline Estates and Quiet Waters
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Dec. 11: Inlet Island, White River Estates, Springhaven, Sky Island, Panorama Heights, Falling Waters, Willowbrook and Cedar View
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Dec. 12: Ponderosa, Rhododendron Park, Fir Ridge, Timber Ridge, Cedar Ridge and Prairie Ridge Russellwood, Mt. Rainier Heights, Cascade Trails, Eagle Crest, Finlandia, Sunset Meadows, Mountain Creek and Evergreen Pond
• 6 to 8 p.m., Dec. 17: Driftwood Point
• 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Dec. 18: city of Sumner
• 5:30 to 8 p.m., Dec. 21: the towns of South Prairie and Wilkeson