When requesting a lawyer, the 25th time is a charm | Buckley Police Blotter

All suspects in the police blotter are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

LICENSE SUSPENDED: At 10:38 p.m. Dec. 28, an officer stopped a vehicle near the state Route 410 Main Street intersection for a traffic violation. The driver's license was found to be suspended in the third degree. The driver was issued a notice of infraction and citation before he was released at the scene. His car was released to a licensed passenger.

MORE THAN 25 TIMES: At 2:04 a.m. Dec. 29, an officer stopped a vehicle at the 28500 block of 410 for speeding. The driver appeared impaired and refused to take the voluntary field sobriety test battery. The officer noted he asked for an attorney more than 25 times. He was eventually placed under arrest and his blood was drawn while in custody. The sample was sent to a state lab.

MOTOR ACCIDENT: At 6:29 a.m. Dec. 29, officers were dispatched to a car that had hit an elk near the intersection of Ryan Road and Davis Street. Officers collected information from the driver and removed both the vehicle and the elk from the roadway.

DUI: At 1:52 a.m. Jan. 1, an officer stopped a vehicle on 410 near the Flume Bridge for multiple traffic violations. The officer believed the driver, a woman from Puyallup, was exhibiting signs of alcohol impairment. She was arrested for driving under the influence and released after the investigation with a court date.

ASSAULT: At 3:30 a.m. Jan. 1, an officer was dispatched to a possible domestic assault at an address on the Hinkleman Extension. After interviews with all involved parties, a man was placed under arrest for domestic violence assault in the fourth degree and interfering with the reporting of domestic violence. He was booked into jail.

LEASH REQUIRED: At 3 p.m. Jan. 1, an officer received a complaint of dogs chasing two girls at a View Place address. The officer left a warning—which contained the city ordinances on leashes and licensing—on the door handle of the address. The officer later contacted the homeowner by phone, and he said he would resolve the matter.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 19
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates